If you miss school friday make sure that you watch the video bellow titled "Colosseum, Verus's story" and answer the prompt bellow.
Here are the JSTOR and Fordham University Links:
Here is a Link to Owl Purdue's Online Writing Lab. Please use this website when working on citations and MLA formating.
- Three ring binder or Folder for handouts
o In your binder please have some loose left paper in case of in class writing assignments
- A lined notebook to take notes during class
- A composition notebook for Bellork journals (Separate book from your notes)
- You will use pens and they must either be black or blue ink
o You may use pencils on your own notes, but anything turned in to me must be in black or blue pen.
- Anything that is written in a color that is not a simple black or blue pen will be an automatic 0% on any assignment, quiz, or test
- At least one pack of red pens for in class peer grading
VERUS VIDEO ESSAY PROMPT:
Please answer the following prompt in a handwritten, three paragraph essay.
What was life like for a Gladiator in Rome? How did they become Gladiators? And, What did they fight for?
Please include specific information from your video notes. This assignment will be due Monday.
Monday Traditional: Life of Constantine pg. 225-230
Traditional: LoC pg. 230-333
BlockTraditional: Barbarization of Civilization pg. 238
Traditional: From the Sunnah pg. 240-244
Helpful Links, videos, or readings
Be strong and rejoice in the challenge. Yield not to misfortune, but advance all the more boldly against it. Act honorably and with integrity in all situations.